Thursday 19 April 2012

Famous quotes from history about Hearing

George Bernard Shaw

That is what all poets do: they talk to themselves out loud; and the world overhears them. But it’s horribly lonely not to hear someone else talk sometimes. "(Marchbanks, in Candida)

Bible
Does not the ear test words, as the palate tastes its food? - Job 12:11

Pete Townshend
I have unwittingly helped to invent and refine a type of music that makes its principal components deaf. Hearing loss is a terrible thing because it cannot be repaired.

Samuel Johnson

"In order that all men may be taught to speak the truth, it is necessary that all likewise should learn to hear it."

Bible
He who has ears to hear, let him hear. - Mark, 4:9

Mark Antony

"Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears."

Beethoven

"Oh you men who think or say that I am malevolent, stubborn, or misanthropic, how greatly do you wrong me. You do not know the secret cause which makes me seem that way to you. Oh how harshly was I flung back by the doubly sad experience of my bad hearing."

"But what a humiliation for me when someone standing next to me heard a flute in the distance and I heard nothing, or someone standing next to me heard a shepherd singing and again I heard nothing. Such incidents drove me almost to despair; a little more of that and I would have ended my life - it was only my art that held me back. "

No comments:

Post a Comment